Workshop 1 was Andrea Mitchell who spoke about tapping into niche communities.
Andrea started off speaking about how talent communities have changed from IRC to the social networking space. That one went straight over my head, probably because I'm only 22 years old…
We then started to look at ways we can use the big search engines like Google and Bing to bring up public profiles using the site: search function. E.g. site:au.linkedin.com/in to find public profiles as opposed to directories.
@PaulJacobs4real then asked a question about Communities. Do they have to be social in nature to be a community? Great question Paul!
My favorite takeaway was this quote from Andrea
People put a lot of information online. It's all about tapping into the communities on smaller sites and within the bigger sites. #SOSU11
- MY SOURCING STORY – SHALLY STECKERL - September 25, 2017
- My Sourcing Story : Jiri Herodek, Blue-Infinity - August 15, 2017
- Collaborative Sourcing, the Power of Networks, and the Wisdom of the Crowd - November 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Sören Frickenschmidt, Boehringer - August 20, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Billy McDiarmid, HR Consultancy - July 24, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Ralitsa Burneva, Amazon - July 17, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Victor Soroka, EPAM - July 13, 2016
- Introducing #SOSUHACK at #SOSUMED - July 12, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Roanne Yee, SYZYGY AG - July 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Dave van Kuijk, Ordina - June 26, 2016