In recent years, many companies have increased their direct sourcing of candidates to approximately 80%. However, with the candidate market getting tighter in Australia, many companies have started to implement internal sourcing functions, to decrease the use (and expense) of executive search firms. Executive Search will always have its place in the recruitment industry, but many companies have seen success recently with their research and sourcing teams, operating within internal recruitment.
Last year I attended the Sourcing Summit in Sydney, and the tips and tricks learnt at the event were invaluable to implementing our new sourcing function at Aurecon, in particular the presentations on talent and search mapping. However, perhaps the most valuable part of the conference for me was the networks and connections I made. The event was a great way to meet like-minded people from different companies and backgrounds, and find out more about how others carry-out talent search within their own teams. Of particular interest was the presentation by Christian Le Loux and Kara McLeod from Ernst & Young, outlining how their talent sourcing function operates in-house.
12 months on, I look forward to the presentations at this year’s Sourcing Summit. I will be attending the event in Brisbane, but am eager to meet new researchers and sourcers. Perhaps the biggest drawcard for me this year is Irina Shamaeva, international sourcing scientist and Queen of Boolean string search, but I am also excited to meet representatives from other Australian and international companies, and hear how they have implemented and operate their sourcing functions internally.
- MY SOURCING STORY – SHALLY STECKERL - September 25, 2017
- My Sourcing Story : Jiri Herodek, Blue-Infinity - August 15, 2017
- Collaborative Sourcing, the Power of Networks, and the Wisdom of the Crowd - November 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Sören Frickenschmidt, Boehringer - August 20, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Billy McDiarmid, HR Consultancy - July 24, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Ralitsa Burneva, Amazon - July 17, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Victor Soroka, EPAM - July 13, 2016
- Introducing #SOSUHACK at #SOSUMED - July 12, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Roanne Yee, SYZYGY AG - July 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Dave van Kuijk, Ordina - June 26, 2016