This week we spoke to Alejandro Spicker who currently work for Goodgames Studio in Hamburg. Alejandro will be in Amsterdam for #SOSUMED 2016.
Q1. What problems are you currently solving in your role? Tell us a bit about Goodgames and how you got into sourcing?
Q2. What problems are you currently solving in your role?
My current position as Recruiting Manager consists of sourcing, screening candidates, interviewing them on the phone, Skype or face to face interviews and then negotiate the conditions of their hires. With me, we are trying out a new position where Recruiters are also responsible of sourcing for their positions. This means, I am responsible for the entire recruiting process for the positions I take care of.
Q3. Sourcing is……
…recruiting’s magic wand. When used correctly, sourcing gives you the tools to find the best possible matches for your vacancies; especially for difficult positions for which applications can be somewhat challenging. It is a great opportunity for companies to fill their positions and react quickly to the market changes. For companies that work agile, like Goodgame Studios, this is actually a way to cut a lot of time in the recruiting process. We love it!
Q4. 10 Sourcing tools I use daily are…
- Social Media
- LinkedIn | Xing | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | GitHub
- Prophet / Connectifier
- Facebook Search
- Multi Highlighter
Turn stones no one has turned before and you will find candidates that will surprise you!
Q5. One sourcing advice I can give to my peers is…
There are many different opinions and ways to source. One advice I would give to my peers is to find the one way they enjoy the most. If it is searching with Boolean search, searching on Google, LinkedIn or Xing, everyone should find the method that adapts the most to them and exploit it the best they can. Then they should get out of their comfort zone, get creative and do some talent mining in other areas they have not explored before. To be a successful sourcer you have to be creative! Turn stones no one has turned before and you will find candidates that will surprise you!
Catch up with Alejandro at #SOSUMED.
- MY SOURCING STORY – SHALLY STECKERL - September 25, 2017
- My Sourcing Story : Jiri Herodek, Blue-Infinity - August 15, 2017
- Collaborative Sourcing, the Power of Networks, and the Wisdom of the Crowd - November 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Sören Frickenschmidt, Boehringer - August 20, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Billy McDiarmid, HR Consultancy - July 24, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Ralitsa Burneva, Amazon - July 17, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Victor Soroka, EPAM - July 13, 2016
- Introducing #SOSUHACK at #SOSUMED - July 12, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Roanne Yee, SYZYGY AG - July 7, 2016
- My Sourcing Story : Q&A With Dave van Kuijk, Ordina - June 26, 2016